Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Applications for wastewater discharge permits may be procured from the town.
(B) Dischargers subject to the provisions of division (C)(1) of this section shall obtain from, complete, and file with the town, a permit application on a form prescribed by the town. The form shall require the following conditions:
(1) Disclosure of name, address, and location of the discharger;
(2) Disclosure of Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) number according to the Standard Industrial Classification Manual, Bureau of the Budget, 1972, as amended;
(3) Disclosure of wastewater constituents and characteristics including but not limited to those mentioned in this division, as determined by bona fide chemical and biological analysis;
(4) Disclosure of time and duration of discharges;
(5) Disclosure of average daily wastewater flow rates in gallons per day, including daily, monthly, and seasonal variations, if any. All flows must be measured unless other verifiable techniques are approved by the town due to cost or nonfeasibility;
(6) Disclosure of site plans, floor plans, mechanical and plumbing plans and details to show all sewers, sewer connections, inspection manholes, sampling chambers, and appurtenances by size, location, and elevation;
(7) Description of activities, facilities, and plant processes on the premises, including all materials which are or may be discharged to the sewers;
(8) Disclosure of the nature and concentration of any pollutants or materials prohibited by this subchapter in the discharge, including a statement regarding whether or not compliance is being achieved on a consistent basis and if not, what additional operation and maintenance activities and/or additional pretreatment is required for the discharger to comply;
(9) Where additional pretreatment and/or operation and maintenance activities are required to comply with the applicable pretreatment standard, the discharger must provide a compliance schedule by which he or she will provide the additional pretreatment and/or implementation of additional operational and maintenance activities. All pretreatment plans shall be submitted to the town for review and approval prior to implementation;
(10) Disclosure of each product produced by type, amount, process or processes, and rate of production;
(11) Disclosure of the type and amount of the raw materials utilized; and
(12) All permit applications for new or modified permits must be signed by a principal executive officer of the discharger.
(Ord. 755, § 1(d), passed 1-23-1990)
(C) The following fees are required for discharge permits:
(1) Each permit will be issued for a base fee as set forth in the Fee Schedule, Chapter 98.
(2) For each additional sampling point there will be a charge as set forth in the Fee Schedule, Chapter 98.
(3) An annual fee as set forth in the Fee Schedule, Chapter 98 shall be collected from each industrial discharger.
(Ord. 802, d(3), passed 5-14-1991)
(D) Within 60 days after receipt of the application for discharge permit, the Public Works Director shall review the application for compliance with the terms and conditions of this subchapter.
(E) If the Public Works Director finds the applicant to be in compliance, the Public Works Director shall approve the application and a permit to discharge shall be issued subject to the following terms and conditions:
(1) The unit charge or schedule of user charges and fees for the wastewater to be discharged to a municipal sewer;
(2) Numerical limits on the average and maximum wastewater constituents and characteristics;
(3) Limits on the average and maximum rate and time of discharge or requirements for flow regulation and equalization;
(4) Requirements for installation and maintenance of inspection and sampling facilities;
(5) Specifications for monitoring programs which may include sampling locations, frequency of sampling, number and types of samples, and standards for analyses and reporting schedules;
(6) Compliance schedules;
(7) Requirements for submittal of technical reports or discharge reports;
(8) Requirements for maintaining and retention of plant records pertaining to wastewater discharge as specified by this subchapter, and affording Town Council’s personnel access thereto;
(9) Requirements for reporting the nature of significant changes in wastewater flow or substantial changes in type and concentration of wastewater constituents;
(10) Requirements for notification of slug discharges;
(11) Other conditions as deemed appropriate by the Public Works Director to ensure compliance with this subchapter; and/or
(12) The permit is for a period of 5 years, but may be revoked or rescinded if the applicant is not in conformity with the provisions of this code.
(F) If the Public Works Director rejects the application for noncompliance, he or she shall establish a compliance schedule and require compliance schedule reports and compliance date reports on forms supplied by the town.
(1992 Code, § 9-104) (Ord. 755, § 1(d), passed 1-23-1990)