5.20.180  Soliciting at public parks.
   Vending units at public parks are permitted if the following conditions are met:
   A.   Section 12.08.140 of the Murrieta Municipal Code relates to the Solicitation and/or Sale on Public Parks. A person shall not solicit in any manner or for any purposes, or sell or offer for sale, any goods, wares, or merchandise, therein, except:
   B.   By any city granted concession; or
   C.   By any person acting pursuant to a contract or agreement with the city.
   D.   Only food, beverages or recreational equipment or related items may be disposed,
offered for sale, sold, rented or offered for rent except during city sponsored events whereby the city is seeking vendors for a craft fair or business expo.
   E.   Units vending food or beverages shall possess a valid health permit issued by the Riverside County Department of Health Services. A valid health permit is not required if waived by the Riverside County Department of Health Services.
   F.   Every operator shall obtain a business license as well as a solicitor license.
   G.   Every operator shall agree in writing to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Murrieta from and against all claims, suits, damages, costs, losses or expenses in any manner resulting from, arising out of or connected with the operation.
   H.    Every operator shall provide to the City of Murrieta proof of insurance coverage in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) listing the City of Murrieta as an additional insured.
   I.    No operator shall operate any vending unit without prior authorization from the city. 
(Ord. 302 § 2 (part), 2004)