Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) If the Zoning Administrator finds that any of the provisions of this chapter are being violated, he or she may issue a stop work order and shall, in writing, notify the owner of the property and the general building contractor.
(1) Written notification shall indicate the nature of the violation and/or the action necessary to correct the violation.
(B) (1) The issuance of a clearing and grading permit, tree removal permit, or letter authorizing tree removal, and the failure to substantially erect building improvements within 12 months that has resulted in tree removal without replacement shall be deemed violations of this chapter.
(2) Each tree removed shall be identified as a separate offense.
(1) However, no penalty shall exceed the penalty provided by state law for similar offenses.
(2) Each tree removed or destroyed in violation of this chapter represents a separate offense.
(3) Each day of violation also represents a separate offense.
(4) Any person, firm, organization, society, association or corporation, or any agent or representative thereof, who commits, participates, or assists in such violation may each be found guilty of a separate offense and suffer the penalties herein provided.
(Ord. 00018, passed 4-11-00; Am. Ord. 02024, passed 6-11-02; Am. Ord. 11008, passed 2-8-11; Am. Ord. 14047, passed 8-12-14; Am. Ord. 16085, passed 10-11-16; Am. Ord. 18076, passed 11-13-18)