Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Parking lots and vehicular use areas shall be lighted; however, such shall not illuminate, nor cast glare into neighboring properties.
(2) Lighting fixtures shall be part of the overall project design and contribute to the landscaping effect.
(3) Certification indicating compliance with this requirement shall be placed on the plans by the developer.
(B) Screening. All parking lots and vehicular use areas shall be screened from all abutting properties or rights-of-way by the minimum requirements of § 156.201.
(C) Interior landscaping.
(1) Interior areas of parking lots shall contain planter islands located so as to best relieve the expanse of paving.
(a) A maximum of 12 parking spaces in a row will be permitted without a planter island.
(b) However, this section may be modified by the Zoning Administrator, when strict application will seriously limit the function of an area.
(2) Planter islands shall have a minimum of 150 square feet in area.
(a) Planter islands shall contain at least one 2.5-inch-caliper canopy tree, having a minimum clean trunk of five feet and a minimum overall height of eight feet.
(b) The remainder shall be landscaped with shrubs, ground cover, or other approved material.
(c) As it presents considerable root competition for trees, the use of lawn within an island should be limited.
(3) Landscaped border areas may be interrupted to provide ingress and egress drives for the property.
(D) Existing plant material.
(1) The natural landscape shall be preserved according to the provisions of this chapter and the Town Tree Protection Ordinance.
(2) Wherever healthy plant material exists on a site, the above-mentioned standards may be adjusted to allow credit for such plant material, if, in the opinion of the Zoning Administrator, such adjustment is in the best interests of the town, and preserves all intents of this chapter and the Tree Protection Ordinance.
('81 Code, § 155.98(E)) (Ord. passed 8-13-79; Ord. passed 8-21-84; Am. Ord. passed 3-11-85; Am. Ord. passed 6-9-92; Am. Ord. 02024, passed 6-11-02; Am. Ord. 14047, passed 8-12-14) Penalty, see § 156.034