Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following requirements must be met before the issuance of a permit for an OSS:
(A) A completed application;
(B) A written site evaluation report, performed by an IRSS certified soil science consultant, containing soil absorption field site characteristics, a soil profile report, and the soil profile characteristics, which include at least two soil borings per septic site, unless more borings are deemed necessary by the Health Department;
(C) A plot plan that includes:
(1) Legal description of the property;
(2) Property boundaries; and
(3) Utility and drainage easements.
(D) An OSS plan that includes:
(1) A drawing of the OSS site or a sketch of the onsite system on a copy of the plat with measurements, identification of the OSS on the property and required consultation with the local health department;
(2) Property boundaries;
(3) Footprint of all structures (existing and proposed);
(4) Setbacks and separation distances required herein;
(5) Identification of all existing and proposed water supply wells within 100 feet of the OSS;
(6) Location of all soil borings; and
(7) One hundred-year flood elevations as determined by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and identification of all portions of the property at and below the 100-year flood elevation may be required.
(E) Detailed floor plan of the residence;
(F) Detailed cross section of the soil absorption field and the subsurface drainage system;
(G) Elevation of exposed working outlet of perimeter drain; and
(H) Any additional information that is deemed necessary by the County Health Officer.
(Ord. 4-3-3.2, passed 4-2-2012)