Skip to code content (skip section selection)
AN ORDINANCE ENACTING A CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR MORGAN COUNTY. INDIANA
WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners of Morgan County, Indiana ("Commissioners"), are the legislative body for Morgan County, Indiana;
WHEREAS, pursuant to I.C. 36-1-5-3, the commissioners must codify, revise, rearrange or compile the ordinances of Morgan County into a complete, simplified code excluding formal parts of the ordinances; and
WHEREAS, commissioners have authorized a general compilation, revision and codification of the general and permanent ordinances of Morgan County and publication of the same in book form.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT ORDAINED by the Board of Commissioners of Morgan County, Indiana, as follows:
1. The general ordinances of Morgan County, Indiana, as revised, amended, restated, codified and as compiled in book form, are hereby adopted and shall constitute the "Code of Ordinances of Morgan County, Indiana".
2. The code of ordinances shall consist of the following titles, as set forth in the Table of Contents, attached hereto and made a part hereof as Exhibit “A”.
3. All prior ordinances pertaining to the subjects treated in the code of ordinances shall be deemed repealed from and after the effective date of this ordinance, except as they are included and reordained, in whole or in part, in the code of ordinances; provided such repeal shall not affect any offense committed or penalty incurred or any right established prior to the effective date of the ordinance, nor shall such repeal affect the provision of ordinances that levy taxes, appropriate money, annex or detach territory, establish franchises, or grant special rights to certain persons, authorize public improvements, authorize the issuance of bonds or borrowing of money, authorize the purchase or sale of real estate or personal property, grant or accept easements, plat or dedicate land to public use, vacate or set boundaries of street or other public places; nor shall such repeal affect any other ordinance of a temporary or special nature or pertaining to subjects not contained or covered in the code.
4. The code shall be deemed published as of the date of the adoption of this ordinance and two copies of the code shall be on file in the office of the Morgan County Auditor for public inspection.
5. The code shall be presumptive evidence in all courts, and any legal proceeding, a) of all the provisions of the code, including all sections, penalties, are regulations therein; b) the date of adoption of the code; c) that the code has been properly signed, attested, recorded and approved; and d) that any public hearings have been held, with any notices required.
ALL OF WHICH IS ORDAINED this 29th day of August, 2014.
THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF MORGAN COUNTY, INDIANA
Norman Voyles /s/
Norman Voyles, Commissioner
Don Adams /s/
Don Adams, Commissioner
Brian Goss /s/
Brian Goss, Commissioner
Brenda Adams /s/
Morgan County Auditor