Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Required Rental Dwelling Registration. One owner of every rental dwelling within the Village shall register the rental dwelling with the Building Inspector, and maintain a current registration. Rental dwelling registrations shall be filed within thirty (30) days after the dwelling meets the definition of a rental dwelling.
One owner of every rental dwelling within the Village shall maintain a current rental dwelling registration as long as the dwelling remains rental.
(b) Rental Dwelling Registration Form. The rental dwelling registration form shall be provided by the Building Inspector and shall require, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) The name, telephone number, and e-mail address of the owner submitting the rental dwelling registration;
(2) The direct mailing address of the owner;
(3) In the case of an owner whose home or business address is located outside of Cuyahoga County, Ohio, the name and mailing address of a local property management company as well as the contact name, telephone number and e-mail address of the person responsible for the security, maintenance, and marketing of the property;
(4) The name of the person or persons with authority to manage the property and the contact information, including mailing address and telephone number for such person or persons;
(5) The name of the person or persons in control of the rental dwelling;
(6) Proof of a homeowner's insurance policy to protect against liability and damage arising from the rental of the property and in effect for the period during which the registration is valid; and
(7) Any other information the Building Inspector deems reasonably necessary to further the purpose of this chapter.
(c) Fee. The fee for a rental dwelling registration shall be one hundred dollars ($100.00) per calendar year. The fee for a rental dwelling registration shall be pro-rated on a quarterly basis. All rental dwelling registrations shall be renewed by June 1st of each year and the cost of a rental dwelling registration renewal shall be seventy-five dollars ($75.00). A late charge of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) shall be paid for each rental dwelling registration that is not renewed by June 1st of each year.
(d) Maintenance Responsibilities. Each owner of a rental dwelling within the Village shall maintain the rental dwelling in accordance with the following:
(2) All grass shall be maintained in accordance with Section 521.14 and shrubbery must be trimmed and maintained in a neat manner that does not encroach on or touch the dwelling;
(3) All exterior doors, windows, and yard fencing must be in a good and secured condition and no boards, plywood, or similar materials shall be used to secure windows and doors. Doors and windows that are deemed insecure by the Building Inspector shall be secured by replacement with similar, new doors or window units equipped with locking hardware;
(4) The premises must be free of trash and debris; and
(5) Pools and spas, if not in use, shall be drained and maintained in a dry condition.
(e) Owner Inspection Responsibilities. The owner of a rental dwelling within the Village shall inspect the exterior of the dwelling and the land upon which the dwelling is located at least once each month to verify that the requirements of this chapter and all other applicable laws and regulations are being met. The owner of a rental dwelling within the Village shall inspect the interior of the dwelling and the land upon which the dwelling is located at least once each calendar year to verify that the requirements of this chapter and all other applicable laws and regulations are being met. A written report of such inspections shall be provided the Building Inspector upon written request of the Building Inspector.
(f) Occupancy Limits. Use of any rental dwelling shall comply with the occupancy limits set forth in Section 404 of the International Property Maintenance Code adopted by Village Council in Chapter 1365 of these Codified Ordinances.
(Ord. 2019-44. Passed 8-14-19.)