Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The preliminary development plan, except for individually developed single-family detached dwellings which shall comply with the requirements in sub-section 1127.17 (c), shall disclose all uses proposed for the development, their location and arrangement, and shall include:
(1) The completed application form, along with the appropriate application fee;
(2) A plat and topography map, at two-foot intervals, of the proposed development area, which will also show all structures, trees and landscape features existing thereon and will include a certificate, by a registered engineer and/or surveyor, of the gross area of development area stated in acres and square feet; and,
(3) A preliminary development plan, designed in accordance with the planning standards, regulations and criteria established in this Planning and Zoning Code, which will disclose:
A. In accordance with the applicable Subdivision Regulations, the proposed location and design of public streets, common drives, and private driveways as well as any other shared facilities, including the location of existing utilities to be maintained or changed and utilities to be installed including septic systems and wells;
B. The proposed location of all structures and parking areas, identified by type, size, height, use, general design, square footage, proposed exterior materials and color of such structure;
C. The proposed use of private land and shared facilities;
D. All structures in the development area to be retained, with plans for their remodeling, all structures to be removed from the development area and all structures, lying outside of the boundaries of the development area, located within 300 feet thereof;
E. Preliminary plans of improvements to be included in the development area and such other information as the landowner may submit to explain their purpose, appearance, and type of construction;
F. Preliminary information indicating the concept(s) for the proposed architectural treatment, including the proposed grading plan and method of surface drainage;
G. A preliminary estimate of traffic volume to be generated by the development, and a plan indicating the location and character of proposed entrances and exits from the development area;
H. Plans for fire prevention and protection, including proposed locations of standpipes and hydrants, if required;
I. A proposed method and standards for the construction and maintenance of streets, open spaces, parking areas and shared facilities; provided however, that no subdivision of property within the development area shall be permitted until those shared facilities required for access to each proposed lot within the development area has been completed or the completion of such shared facilities has been properly secured;
J. Proposed forms of covenants running with the land, deed restrictions including those with respect to the use, maintenance, repair, replacement and insurance of any shared facilities, covenants, restrictions or easements proposed to be recorded and covenants proposed for maintenance;
K. A plan showing existing site conditions, including water courses, topography, natural features and tree cover;
L. Preliminary floor plans of proposed buildings and facilities and preliminary drawings showing the proposed landscape, buffering and screening plan; and,
M. Any adjustments or variance in the regulations, standards or criteria prescribed in this Planning and Zoning Code, and amendments thereto, and regulations of the Village which would be required in order to permit construction of the development.
(b) The Building Inspector may waive any of the submittal requirements in this Section if, in his or her opinion, and based on recognized planning or engineering principles and in an effort to achieve the goals of this Chapter, they are unnecessary to determine compliance with appropriate codes and ordinances. Such waiver shall not be construed to authorize the reduction or waiver of any standard, regulation, or required improvement.
(c) The preliminary development plan, unless otherwise permitted by the Building Inspector, shall be prepared by professional persons qualified in the planning of land development, traffic engineering and building and landscape design, as applicable. The architectural and engineering services required for the preparation of the preliminary plan shall be rendered by licensed professional persons.
(d) The final development plan of the development area, except for individually developed one-family detached dwellings which shall comply with the requirements in sub-section 1127.17 (e), shall contain and be accompanied by the following, unless such requirements are waived pursuant to sub-section 1127.17 (b). The final development plan, unless otherwise permitted by the Building Inspector, shall be prepared by professional persons qualified in the planning of land development, traffic engineering and building and landscape design, as applicable. The architectural and engineering services required for the preparation of the final development plan shall be rendered by licensed professional persons.
(1) The completed application form, along with the appropriate application fee;
(2) An accurate, legal description prepared or certified by a registered/licensed surveyor of the State of Ohio;
(3) A property location map showing existing property lines, easements, utilities, and street rights-of-way;
(4) Approval from the Cuyahoga County Health Department and/or the State of Ohio for on-site septic field(s) and well(s), if applicable;
(5) Proposed common drives and the public street system, including detailed plans and specifications for all streets, sidewalks, storm water management and sanitary sewers, water mains, street illumination, existing and proposed vegetation and other important engineering considerations, in accordance with the Planning and Zoning Code, and other ordinances of the Village;
(6) Plat of the development area showing street rights-of-way, if applicable, and easements in accordance with the requirements of all ordinances of the Village, which shall be in form for recording;
(7) Plan of the area containing the accurate location of each existing structure to be retained, if any, and plans and specifications for each proposed structure, relationship to street system including driveways, parking and loading areas, illumination facilities, methods of waste disposal, pedestrian walks, common land, open space, landscaping and finished grades, all of which shall comply with the standards of the Planning and Zoning Code and other ordinances of the Village;
(8) Location of proposed accessory structures including fences, walls, signs, and lighting, if applicable;
(9) Summary table showing total acres of the proposed development, the number of acres devoted to each type of land use including streets and open space;
(10) Dimensions and spacing of all buildings, setbacks, parking areas, drives and walkways;
(11) Preliminary architectural plans for the proposed development or use showing exterior elevations and building floor plans as well as site construction materials;
(12) Detailed landscape plan for lands within the development area, including:
A. The protection of all trees over six (6) inches in caliper;
B. A plan showing existing site conditions including water courses, topography, natural features and tree cover, and the location and configuration of all shared facilities; and,
C. Proposed landscaping and screening plans indicating the description of the location and nature of existing and proposed vegetation in compliance with the Planning and Zoning Code, when applicable.
(13) Proposed forms of covenants running with the land, deed restrictions including those with respect to the use, maintenance, repair, replacement and insurance of any shared facilities, covenants, restrictions or easements proposed to be recorded and covenants proposed for maintenance;
(14) Estimated project cost for all public improvements for the purpose of providing estimates needed for performance guarantees;
(15) Delineation of project phasing and the sequence of such phasing, if applicable;
(16) When the final development plan provides for partial development of the area for which a preliminary development plan has been approved, a proposed final development plan of the development area of the remainder of the area shall be submitted to permit evaluation of the development of the entire parcel; and,
(17) The final development plan, unless otherwise permitted by the Building Inspector, shall be prepared by professional persons qualified in the planning of land development, traffic engineering and building and landscape design. The architectural and engineering services required for the preparation of the preliminary plan shall be rendered by licensed professional persons.
(e) A preliminary or final development plan application for a single-family detached dwelling or a use accessory thereto shall include the items set forth below, unless such requirements are waived pursuant to sub-section 1127.17(b), and shall be submitted to the Building Inspector:
(1) The completed application form;
(2) A general vicinity map;
(3) A plot plan showing the following. Such plans shall be legibly drawn to scale and shall be based on an accurate survey.
A. Zoning District;
B. Property boundary lines and the exact dimensions and area of the lot to be built upon or utilized;
C. Right-of-way of adjacent streets;
D. Location, dimensions, height, and bulk of all structures to be erected or altered;
E. The existing and intended use(s) of all land, buildings, and structures;
F. Dimensions of yards, driveways, and parking areas;
G. Location and use of buildings and adjoining lots within 100 feet of all property lines;
H. Location and dimension of any easements and use of the easement;
I. Lot numbers of the concerned and abutting properties;
J. Each plan shall bear statements declaring that no part of the land involved in the application has been previously used to provide required setbacks or lot area for another structure;
K. Preliminary architectural plans for the proposed development or use showing exterior elevations and building floor plans, site construction materials, prepared and certified by a qualified Ohio design professional;
L. Each property owner or authorized agent shall be required to attest to the correctness of the statements and data furnished with the application; and,
M. Any other pertinent data as may be necessary to determine and provide for the enforcement of this Planning and Zoning Code.
(Ord. 2012-21. Passed 7-11-12.)