Skip to code content (skip section selection)
An applicant for a wireless telecommunication facility, that qualifies as a disguised facility as defined in the subchapter, shall be subject to all applicable provisions of this subchapter except § 2505 and to the following requirements:
(A) Special use permit. The applicant shall obtain the development plan requirements and standards of development in §§ 2504 and 2505 and shall not be subject to development plan review under this chapter, provided that the following requirements are met in a special use permit for the facility under special use permits. In granting such a permit, the Zoning Board may attach one or more conditions under § 904. For disguised facilities located on existing buildings, such conditions may include:
(1) Limitations on the size, height, or shape of any antenna, component or accessory equipment visible from outside the building, in addition to the limitations imposed by this subchapter; and
(2) Reasonable requirements for painting, hiding, or otherwise screening any part of the facility from public view.
(B) Dimensional requirements. Disguised facilities of new construction shall meet all dimensional requirements of the district in which they are located, except that height limitations may be modified by the Zoning Board pursuant to the standards of § 902.
(C) Verification of status. The purpose of the following requirements is to ensure that a wireless telecommunications facility, established pursuant to this section, is a disguised facility as defined in this subchapter.
(1) Existing structures. An applicant for a disguised facility to be located in or on an existing structure shall submit, as part of the permit application, at least four color photographs of the structure containing or constituting the disguised facility taken within the month preceding the filing of the application. Such photographs shall be approximately eight by ten inches in size and shall show clearly each side or facet of the existing structure as it appears to observers located on adjacent property.
(2) New structures. An applicant for a disguised facility that will be a new structure shall submit, as part of the permit application:
(a) A site map showing the location of the proposed facility and all existing structures on the lot; and
(b) One or more sketches or drawings of the proposed facility, drawn to scale and showing details as they will appear to observers located on adjacent property.
(3) Approval of an application for a disguised facility shall be conditioned on submission to the Planning Department, within one month after completion of the facility, of one or more photographs of the completed facility. If the facility is located in or on an existing structure, this submission shall consist of a set of photographs corresponding in all respects to the photographs submitted as part of the permit application, except that the photographs required by this division shall be taken after completion of the facility. If the facility is a new structure, the photographs or photographs shall correspond as closely as reasonably possible to the sketches or drawings submitted with the application.
(Ord. passed 10-30-06)