Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Zoning Board shall hear and decide requests for special use permits in accordance with the terms of this chapter, according to the following provisions:
(A) A use, categorized as a special use in Article 6 and elsewhere in this chapter, shall be permitted by the Zoning Board following a public hearing if, in the opinion of the Board, such use in its proposed location meets the following requirements:
(1) It will not result in a significant diminution of properly values in the surrounding area of the district;
(2) It will not create a nuisance in the neighborhood;
(3) It will be compatible with the Comprehensive Community Plan of the Town of Middletown;
(4) That the granting of such special use permit will not be detrimental to or substantially or permanently injure the appropriate use of property in the surrounding area or district;
(5) That the granting of such special use permit will not result in hazardous conditions or conditions inimical to the public health, safety or welfare.
(B) In granting a special use permit, the Zoning Board of Review may grant one or more dimensional variances under § 903.
(Ord. passed 10-30-06)