Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Any person or business acting as an investment grade metal dealer shall:
(A) Register as an investment grade metal dealer with the County Finance Department located at the County Courthouse, 301 South Sixth Street, Paducah, KY 42001. This registration process requires, but is not limited to the following requirements:
(1) Designate a physical address in the county for business operations. This address is where bullion and/or coins are acquired. A post office box may not be used;
(2) Designate a registered agent for service of process. This registered agent must have a physical address in the commonwealth. A post office box may not be used; and
(3) Register and obtain a county business license with the County Finance Department.
(B) Require photo identification to verify the identity of any person transferring coins or bullion to the dealer; and
(C) Keep electronic or paper records at the business operations address given to the County Finance Department containing the following information about the acquired bullion or coins:
(1) The date of the acquisition;
(2) Name, address, date of birth, race, sex and operator’s license or state photo identification number of the person transferring coins or bullion to the dealer;
(3) A detailed description of the property acquired;
(4) Photographs of the acquired coins or bullion. The photos shall include the photo identification of the person transferring the items to the dealer; and
(5) These records must be maintained for a period of six months and be available for inspection by the County Sheriff’s Department upon request.
(Ord. 2013-1, passed 3-24-2013)