Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Any person or business acting as a secondary jewelry or precious metal dealer shall:
(A) Register as a secondary jewelry or precious metal dealer with the County Finance Department located at the County Courthouse, 301 South Sixth Street, Paducah, KY 42001. This registration process requires, but is not limited to, the following requirements:
(1) Designate a physical address in the county for business operations. This address is where secondary jewelry and/or precious metals are acquired. A post office box may not be used;
(2) Designate a registered agent for service of process. This registered agent must have a physical address in the commonwealth. A post office box may not be used; and
(3) Register and obtain a county business license with the County Finance Department.
(B) Require photo identification to verify the identity of any person transferring secondary jewelry or precious metals to the dealer;
(C) Keep all acquired secondary jewelry or precious metals for a period of ten days in the county, at the business operations address given to the County Finance Department; and
(D) Register the following information for all acquisitions of pre-owned jewelry or precious metals with the County Sheriff’s Department by using LeadsOnline:
(1) The date of the acquisition;
(2) Name, address, date of birth, race, sex and operator’s license or state photo identification number of the person transferring jewelry or precious metals to the dealer;
(3) A detailed description of the property acquired, including any make or model and serial number;
(4) Photographs of the acquired property. The photos shall include the photo identification of the person transferring the items to the dealer; and
(5) Each transaction must be entered into LeadsOnline by midnight on the day of the acquisition. The County Sheriff’s Department is available to assist with the registration and use of LeadsOnline.
(Ord. 2013-1, passed 3-24-2013)