Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) At least 14 days prior to filing an PCF application with City of Mattoon, the applicant shall notify, in written form, either in person or by registered mail (return receipt requested) the following:
(1) All owners of all property within the subject area not solely owned by the applicant;
(2) All owners identified from the tax records of the Coles County Clerk, of property within 250 feet in each direction of the lot line of the subject property. In computing the 250 feet requirement, all feet occupied by all public roads, streets; alleys and other public ways shall be excluded. In no event shall this requirement exceed 400 feet, including public streets, alleys and other public ways; and
(3) Members of the General Assembly from the legislative district in which the proposed facility is located.
(B) At least 14 days prior to filing an application with the city, notice shall be published in (two) newspapers of the largest general circulation in the region. Such notice shall state:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) The location of the proposed site;
(3) The nature and size of the development;
(4) The nature of the activity proposed;
(5) The probable life of the activity;
(6) The date when the request for site approval will be submitted to the city; and
(7) A description of the right of persons to comment on such request.
(Ord. 2001-5096, passed 12-21-2001)