Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall use or operate a skateboard upon any public street, road, off-street parking facility or No Skate Zone Area except for special events approved by the City Manager; provided, however persons using skateboards can cross public streets at designated crosswalks. The following shall be designated as No Skate Zone Areas:
(1) Mason Veterans Memorial plaza;
(2) Downtown plaza located on Main Street;
(3) All park playground structures and surrounding borders;
(4) Corwin Nixon Park and Mason Sports Park ball fields and adjacent spectator areas;
(5) Mason Community Center entranceways;
(6) Bridges located within the city; and
(7) Any other area so designated by the City Manager upon the recommendation of the Police Chief and indicated by the posting of a sign.
(b) No person shall operate a skateboard upon any privately-owned off-street parking facility offered for public use without the expressed permission of the owner or custodian thereof.
(c) Whoever violates any provision of this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor on a first offense; on a second offense within one year after the first offense, the person is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree; on each subsequent offense within one year after the first offense, the person is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(Ord. 2008-42, passed 4-21-2008)