(A) In carrying out any lawful function or power of the City the Council may, by a majority vote of its members, authorize the execution of contracts or in any other manner provide for cooperation or joint action, between the City and:
(1) Political subdivisions, special districts, instrumentalities, or other units of government of the State of Ohio or other states.
(2) The State of Ohio, its officers, departments, divisions, instrumentalities or other units or agencies.
(3) Other states, their officers, departments, divisions, instrumentalities, or other units or agencies.
(4) The federal government, its officers, departments, divisions, instrumentalities or other units or agencies.
(5) Councils of governments or other instrumentalities consisting of other political subdivisions, special districts, instrumentalities or other governmental units or agencies allowed under the laws of Ohio, other states or the federal government.
(6) Persons, corporations whether for profit or nonprofit, firms and other entities; unless such contracts, cooperation or joint actions are prohibited by the Constitution of the State of Ohio.
(B) The powers granted by this section shall be liberally construed to authorize intergovernmental cooperation, but shall not authorize the avoidance of the provisions of this Charter concerning taxation or initiative or referendum.
Disclaimer: This Code of Ordinances and/or any other documents that appear on this site may not reflect the most current legislation adopted by the Municipality. American Legal Publishing Corporation provides these documents for informational purposes only. These documents should not be relied upon as the definitive authority for local legislation. Additionally, the formatting and pagination of the posted documents varies from the formatting and pagination of the official copy. The official printed copy of a Code of Ordinances should be consulted prior to any action being taken.
For further information regarding the official version of any of this Code of Ordinances or other documents posted on this site, please contact the Municipality directly or contact American Legal Publishing toll-free at 800-445-5588.