(1) "FIREARM" means any pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, or other firearm, as that term is defined in Section 103.314 of this Code.
(2) "DEALER" means any person who is engaged in the retail sale of firearms and any retail firearms dealer, as that term is defined in Section 103.314 of this Code.
(3) "FIRING RANGE" means any shooting gallery, rifle range, gun club, trap shooting range, or other place where firearms are discharged.
(b) Posting Requirements.
(1) Any firearm dealer or owner of a firing range shall post or cause to be posted a sign as provided in this section on the retail premises of the firearm dealer or the premises of the firing range.
(2) The sign required by this section shall read substantially as follows:
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS CONTEMPLATING SUICIDE, PLEASE CALL THE NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE AT 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
(3) The sign shall not be smaller than 8 inches wide and 11.5 inches long, nor shall any lettering on the sign be less than 1 inch in height.
(4) A firearm dealer or firing range owner shall post or cause to be posted the sign required by this section in a conspicuous location at either its purchase counter, customer service counter, or other area frequented by customers patronizing the business.
(5) If more than 20 percent of the customers patronizing the firearm dealer's retail premises or the firing range speak a language other than English as a primary language, the sign required by this section shall be worded in both English and the primary language or languages of those customers.
(c) Severability. If any provision of this ordinance is found to be unconstitutional or otherwise invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, that invalidity shall not affect the remaining provisions that can be implemented without the invalid provisions, and to this end, the provisions of this ordinance are declared to be severable.