(Amended by Ord. No. 182,718, Eff. 10/30/13.)
The City shall not approve a Conversion or Demolition of a Residential Hotel, or any new development on the site of a Destroyed or Demolished Residential Hotel, until HCID has approved an Application for Clearance filed by the Owner pursuant to this section.
A. If an Owner applies for a building permit for a Residential Hotel that constitutes a proposed Conversion or Demolition of the Residential Hotel, or is a new development on the site of a Destroyed or Demolished Residential Hotel, then the following procedures shall apply:
1. LADBS shall inform HCID of the application for a building permit.
2. The Owner shall file an Application for Clearance with HCID. Within 90 days after HCID has deemed the application complete, HCID shall either deny the application or determine the conditions for approval of the application.
3. HCID shall make one of the following determinations when an Owner files a complete Application for Clearance:
(a) Deny an Application for Clearance if the applicant has violated the provisions of Subsection A. of Section 47.82;
(b) Exempt the property from the provisions of this article if the Application for Clearance is for an Affordable Housing Project pursuant to the provisions of Section 47.74; or
(c) Determine the conditions for approval of an Application for Clearance pursuant to Section 47.79.
4. HCID shall mail a copy of HCID's letter of determination of an Application for Clearance to the Owner, the occupants of the Residential Hotel's units, and the applicable Council office.
5. The Owner and any Interested Party may appeal the conditions for approval of an Application for Clearance to the General Manager's Hearing Officer pursuant to the provisions of Section 47.84.
6. HCID shall only approve the Application for Clearance if the Owner complies with the conditions determined by HCID pursuant to this section or, if the conditions for approval are appealed, as determined pursuant to Section 47.84.
B. An Owner who files an Application for Clearance with HCID and wants the option to pay a fee pursuant to the provisions of Subdivision 2. of Subsection A. of Section 47.79 shall pay an application fee in the amount of $2000 for each application. An Owner who files an Application for Clearance with HCID and does not want the option to pay a fee pursuant to the provisions of Subdivision 2. of Subsection A. of Section 47.79 shall pay an application fee in the amount of $1108 for each application. The application fee shall pay for the City's cost of administering the application process.
C. The Application for Clearance shall contain the following information:
1. The legal and mailing address of the Residential Hotel;
2. The names and addresses of all Owners or operators of the Residential Hotel;
3. The names of all Tenants in the Residential Hotel;
4. The total number of units in the Residential Hotel and the current uses;
5. The current rental rates for the Residential Units; and
6. The length of each Tenant's tenancy in Residential Units affected by the Application for Clearance.