(Amended by Ord. No. 171,175, Eff. 7/25/96.)
91.9110.1. General. In addition to the seismic analysis required elsewhere in this division, the licensed engineer or architect responsible for the seismic analysis of the building shall record the information required by this section on the approved plans.
91.9110.2. Information Required. The plans shall accurately reflect the results of the engineering investigation and design and show all pertinent dimensions and sizes for plan review and construction. The following shall be provided:
1. Floor plans and roof plans shall show existing framing construction, diaphragm construction, proposed wall anchors, cross-ties and collectors. Existing nailing, anchors, ties and collectors shall also be shown on the plans if these are part of the design, and these structural elements need to be verified in the field.
2. At elevations where there are alterations or damage, details shall show roof and floor heights, dimensions of openings, location and extent of existing damage, and proposed repair.
3. Typical wall panel sections with panel thickness, height, location of anchors shall be provided.
4. Details shall include existing and new anchors and the method of development of anchor forces into the diaphragm framing; existing and/or new cross-ties; existing and/or new or improved support of roof and floor girders at pilasters or walls.
91.9110.3. Engineer’s or Architect’s Statement. (Amended by Ord. No. 179,324, Eff. 12/10/07, Oper. 1/1/08.) The responsible engineer or architect shall state on the approved plans, the following:
1. I am responsible for this building’s seismic strengthening design in compliance with the minimum seismic resistance standards of Division 91 of the Los Angeles Building Code.
and when applicable:
2. The Registered Deputy Inspector, required as a condition of the use of structural design stresses requiring continuous inspection, will be responsible to me as required by Section 91.1704 of the Los Angeles Building Code.