(Amended by Ord. No. 186,488, Eff. 12/27/19.)
Section 703 of the CBC is adopted by reference, except that Section 703.3 of the CBC is not adopted and, in lieu, LAMC Subsection 91.703.3 is added.
91.703.3. Methods for Determining Fire Resistance. The application of any of the methods listed in this section shall be based on the fire exposure and acceptance criteria specified in ASTEM E 119 or UL 263. The required fire resistance of a building element, component or assembly, shall be permitted to be established by any of the following methods or procedures:
1. Fire-resistance designs documented in approved sources.
2. Prescriptive designs of fire-resistance-rated building elements, component or assemblies as prescribed in CBC Section 721.
3. Calculations in accordance with CBC Section 722.
4. Engineering analysis based on a comparison of building element, component or assembly designs having fire-resistance ratings as determined by the test procedures set forth in ASTM E 119 or UL 263.
5. Alternative construction methods as allowed by LAMC Subsection 126.96.36.199.
6. Fire-resistance designs certified by an approved agency.