Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Permitted uses. The following uses are permitted by right.
(1) Single-family dwellings;
(2) Two-family dwellings;
(3) Manufactured homes, Class A;
(4) Agriculture uses;
(5) Family care homes;
(6) Day care centers, small group;
(7) Customary home occupations in accordance with § 153.045 of this chapter;
(8) Essential services, Class I;
(9) Churches with a maximum sanctuary seating capacity of not greater than 500 seats. Customary accessory uses shall also be permitted. Church owned and maintained cemeteries as an accessory use are permitted;
(10) Publicly owned and operated outdoor recreation facilities which are one acre or less in area. No facility shall contain a swimming pool or indoor community center or meeting facility;
(11) Private recreation facilities constructed pursuant to a permit authorizing the construction of some residential development and intended primarily for the use and enjoyment of the residents thereof;
(12) Public and private elementary and secondary schools and private schools district administrative offices where located on the same parcel as a school;
(13) Stands for the in-season sale of produce out of a home garden located on the premises where the produce is being sold;
(14) Accessory structures in accordance with § 153.057 of this chapter;
(17) Private residential quarters provided there is sufficient off-street parking to accommodate the private residential quarters in addition to the spaces required for the principal dwelling.
(1) Cemeteries as a principal use (setbacks apply to both buildings and graves);
(2) Planned residential developments when public water and public sewer will be provided to the development and provided the gross density of the development does not exceed six dwelling units per acre or in the case of a density bonus granted pursuant to § 153.215 of this chapter a total gross density of not more than eight and four-tenths dwelling units per acre;
(3) Planned unit developments (mixed use) in accordance with § 153.216 of this chapter and provided the uses within the development are otherwise listed as permitted or conditional uses allowed in the R-25 District;
(4) Customary home occupations which meet all the criteria as set forth in § 153.045 of this chapter except § 153.045(B) of the section; provided however, if an accessory or outside storage building is used in connection with a home occupation it shall not exceed 800 square feet in floor area and not more than one building shall be devoted to the home occupation and the building is located in the rear yard and not less than 50 feet from any property line.
(5) Auto hobbyist (see Definitions, § 153.031);
(6) Churches having a sanctuary seating capacity in excess of 500 seats;
(7) Country clubs and privately-owned outdoor recreation facilities provided that go-cart tracks and outdoor vehicular racing facilities shall not be permitted;
(8) Publicly owned and operated outdoor recreation facilities in excess of one acre in area and/or containing a swimming pool, or indoor community center or meeting facility;
(9) Bed and breakfast inns;
(11) Public safety stations;
(12) Essential services, Class II and Class III;
(13) Rest homes, nursing care facilities and continuing care communities; and
(14) Public schools administrative offices (freestanding).
(C) Yard regulations.
(1) Minimum lot size.
(a) Single-family dwellings and Class A manufactured homes:
1. Twenty-five thousand square feet where no public water or public sewer is provided at the lot;
2. Twenty-two thousand five hundred square feet where either one of public water or public sewer are provided at the lot; or
3. Twenty thousand square feet where both public water and public sewer are provided at the lot.
(b) Two-family dwellings:
1. Fifty thousand square feet where no public water or public sewer are provided at the lot;
2. Thirty-five thousand square feet where either one of public water or public sewer are provided at the lot; or
3. Twenty thousand square feet where both public water and public sewer is provided at the lot.
(c) Churches: two acres.
(d) Schools: five acres.
(e) Bed and breakfast inn: one acre.
(f) Essential services: none.
(g) Manufactured home parks: three acres.
(h) Planned residential development minimum site size shall be two acres and maximum density shall be six units per acre; however, a density bonus of up to two and four-tenths additional units per acre may be granted pursuant to § 153.215(C) of this chapter.
(i) Cemeteries as a principal use: three acres.
(j) Rest homes: one acre.
(k) Nursing care facilities: 60,000 square feet.
(l) Continuing care communities: five acres.
(m) Country clubs: five acres.
(n) Family care home: same as single-family dwelling.
(o) All other principal uses: 25,000 square feet.
(2) Minimum front yard setback (as measured from the edge of the street right-of-way line).
(a) Where public water and public sewer are provided to the lot: all uses: 40 feet.
(b) Where only one of either or neither public water and public sewer are provided to the lot: all uses: 50 feet.
(3) Minimum side yard setback (an additional ten feet shall be provided on all side yards which abut a public street).
(a) Single-family and two-family dwellings and manufactured homes, Class A: ten feet.
(b) Schools: 40 feet.
(c) Manufactured home park: 50 feet as measured from the manufactured home park property line to the nearest manufactured home space. Required buffer area may be included in setback.
(d) Bed and breakfast inns: 25 feet.
(e) Public safety stations: 25 feet.
(f) Structures within planned residential developments: 30 feet.
(g) Essential services, Class II: 20 feet.
(h) Essential services, Class III: 50 feet.
(i) Church: 40 feet.
(j) Rest home, nursing care facility and continuing care communities: 40 feet.
(k) Swimming pools located in a public or privately maintained recreation facility: 40 feet.
(l) Community center or meeting facility: 40 feet.
(m) All other uses: 15 feet.
(4) Minimum rear yard setback.
(a) Manufactured home park: same as side yard requirement.
(b) Essential services, Class III: 50 feet.
(c) All other uses: 40 feet.
(5) Maximum building height. All uses: 35 feet, except as provided in § 153.054 of this chapter.
(6) Minimum lot width (as measured at the required front yard setback).
(a) Churches, community centers, meeting facilities, schools, country clubs, bed and breakfast inns and essential services, Class III: 150 feet.
(b) Manufactured home parks: 150 feet. (Except that a portion of the site containing no manufacturing home spaces and used to provide access to the park from a public street may be as narrow as 50 feet.)
(c) All other uses: 100 feet.
(D) Screening and landscaping.
(a) Essential services, Classes II and III;
(b) Country club, but screening is not required for golf course playing areas;
(c) Outdoor swimming pools located in a public or privately maintained recreation facility;
(d) Manufactured home parks;
(e) Planned residential developments;
(g) Community centers and meeting facilities;
(h) Country clubs but not including golf courses;
(i) Bed and breakfast inns;
(j) Public safety stations;
(k) Rest homes, nursing care facilities and continuing care communities;
(l) Public or private elementary or secondary schools; and
(m) Public or private outdoor recreation facilities not constructed pursuant to a permit authorizing the construction of some residential development.
(2) Where applicable, landscaping shall be provided in accordance with § 153.047 of this chapter.
(Prior UDO, § 7.1)