Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Within any Residential (R) District, accessory structures shall be located as follows.
(1) Except as herein provided, no portion of any accessory structure shall be located within any front yard. Exceptions are:
(a) Water wells on any lot; and
(b) Garages used primarily to house automobiles.
(2) Water wells may be located in any front, side or rear yard.
(3) Automobile garages designed to accommodate no greater than three automobiles may be located in any front yard other than in the required front setback. Any garage shall also observe the minimum dwelling side setback requirement for the zoning district in which it is located.
(4) Accessory structures are allowed in any side yard, provided they observe a setback of ten foot side yard from any side yard lot line.
(5) Accessory structures are allowed in any rear yard provided that all accessory structures observe a ten foot setback from any rear lot line.
(B) Within any NB, CB, CBT, GB, PB or GMC District, accessory structures shall be located as follows.
(1) Except as herein provided, no accessory structure shall be located in any required front or side setback. A water well may be located in any front, side or rear yard.
(2) Accessory structures are allowed within with rear principal building setback area provided that no accessory structure (except as provided in division (B)(1) above of this section) shall be allowed within ten feet of a rear or side yard line or within 20 feet in the case of any rear or side yard line which abuts a Residential (R) District.
(C) On any lot containing a principal residential use, no accessory structure shall be permitted that involves or requires any construction features which are not primarily residential in nature or character; provided, however, this requirement shall not apply in the R-25 District to structures erected for agricultural purposes.
(D) (D) On any lot containing a principal residential use, the aggregate area of all accessory structures (excluding barns, farm-related structures and satellite dish antennas) shall not cover more than 30% of the required rear yardnor exceed the height of the principal building. All lots, however, shall be allowed to have an accessory garage of no greater than 500 square feet provided that the garage:
(1) Meets all required setbacks; and
(2) Is designed primarily to house automobiles.
(E) For all nonresidential uses, no off-street parking or loading areas shall be located within 12 feet of any street right-of-way line.
(F) Outpatient wellness centers, medical education centers, nursing care facilities and helistops are permitted as accessory uses to hospitals and health centers.
(Prior UDO, § 5.13) (Ord. O-10-19, passed 11-7-2019) Penalty, see § 153.999