Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Each completed application for a license under this section shall be accompanied by a site plan, drawing or diagram showing the location and the layout of the proposed carnival or circus, and proof of required public liability insurance.
(B) Upon the filing of a complete application, the same shall be referred by the City Clerk-Treasurer and thereafter be referred to the following agencies for review and recommendation:
(1) To the Police Department for a background check of the applicant and for recommendations for crowd and noise control;
(2) To the Police Department for review of the parking requirements, and ingress and egress to the proposed site;
(3) To the County Health Department for review of restroom requirements and litter control;
(4) To the Building and Zoning Administrator or his or her designee, for a review of the zoning of the proposed site and in particular, compliance with division (B)(5) below; and
(5) The Clerk-Treasurer may request or receive inspection reports and recommendations from any other department or bureau prior to or after issuance of a license.
(C) The Clerk-Treasurer may approve each license application, if it meets the standards of this code.
(D) Any applicant may appeal a denial of a license pursuant to the procedure set forth in § 34.27.
(1998 Code, § 4-63) (Ord. 603, passed 7-27-1998)