Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The following are exempt from registration under this chapter:
1. Persons specifically invited to a residence by a competent individual prior to the time of the person's arrival at the residence;
2. Persons whose license, permit, certificate or registration with the State of Utah permits them to engage in door to door solicitation to offer goods or services to an occupant of the residence;
3. Persons delivering goods to a residence pursuant to a previously made order, or persons providing services at a residence pursuant to a previously made request by a competent individual;
4. Persons advocating or disseminating information for, against, or in conjunction with, any religious belief or political position, regardless of whether goods, services or any other consideration is offered or given, with or without any form of commitment, contribution, donation, pledge or purchase; and
5. Persons representing a charitable organization. The charitable exemption shall apply to students soliciting contributions to finance extracurricular social, athletic, artistic, scientific or cultural programs; provided, that the solicitation has been approved in writing by the school administration, and that such student solicitors carry current picture student identification from the educational institution for which they are soliciting.