Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Membership/Name/Purpose. The Lebanon Recreation Board is established to research, investigate and benchmark recreation and park facilities and programs and to make recommendations to City Council. The Recreation Board shall consist of nine members appointed by Council in accordance with § 129.03 of this chapter, and one non-voting member to be designated by the Turtlecreek Township Trustees. The Recreation Board shall report to the Parks and Recreation Committee of Council.
(B) Duties. The Lebanon Recreation Board shall:
(1) Identify and review all city parks and recreation programs and determine the demographics served by the programs, the quality of the programs, and the benefits to the community.
(2) Research literature, experts and other sources to determine current best practices for city parks and recreation programs.
(3) Study the practices of other municipalities for ideas and benchmark the city’s status against the best of other locations.
(4) Network with citizens to solicit ideas and measure public opinion regarding the city’s parks and recreation programs.
(5) Identify areas of need for parks and recreation programs in the city and citizens or groups of citizens with parks and/or recreation program needs.
(6) Formulate recommendations for long- term development and improvement of the city’s parks and recreation programs.
(7) Perform other related duties that Council may from time to time define in writing for the Board.
(C) Resources. The City Manager shall provide reasonable staff resources to facilitate the duties of the Recreation Board. Reimbursement for board member travel expenses may be considered for pre-approved research and benchmarking trips.
(Ord. 7732, passed 11-9-99; Am. Ord. 8016, passed 12-28-00; Am. Ord. 8760, passed 6-10-03)