Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Amendments to the One and Two Family Dwelling Code are as follows:
(A) Part I - Administrative.
(1) SECTION R-101. The words “One and Two” are to be deleted and replaced with the words “One, Two, and Three.”
(2) SECTION R-103. The words “One and Two” are to be deleted and replaced with the words “One, Two, and Three.”
(3) SECTION R-106.1. The words “One and Two” are to be deleted and replaced with the words “One, Two, and Three.”
(4) SECTION R-107. The following words shall be added “(See code Chapter 1303).”
(5) SECTION R-109.2. The following words shall be added “(See code Chapter 1304).”
(6) SECTION R-110. All the requirements listed in § 1301.11 shall be added to the requirement of this section.
(7) SECTION R-112. The following words shall be added after Prefabricated Construction “Industrialized Units” 4101.2-1-55 through 4101.2-1-65.
(8) SECTION R-115. The following definitions shall be deleted and replaced with:
ACCESSORY STRUCTURE — A building or any structure, the use of which is incidental to that of the main building and which is located on the same lot.
BUILDING — Building shall mean any one-, two-, and three-family dwelling or portion thereof, which is used or designed or intended to be used for nontransient human habitation, for living, sleeping, cooking, or eating purposes or any combination thereof and shall include structures accessory thereto.
DWELLING — Dwelling is any building which contains one-, two-, or three-dwelling units used, intended, or designed to be built, used, rented, leased, let or hired out to be occupied, or which are occupied for living purposes.
(B) Part II - Building Planning.
(1) SECTION R-202.
CLIMATIC AND GEOGRAPHIC DESIGN CRITERIA
Roof Live Load lbs. per sq. ft.
Roof Snow Load lbs. per sq. ft.
Wind Velocity in lbs. per sq. ft.
Seismic Condition by Zone
Subject to Damage from:
Frost Line Depth
Same as live
Section 11 OBBC
Section 11 OBBC
Solid block or Conc. and Treated Sill
(2) SECTIONS R-208.6.3. through R-208.6.6. Delete these sections.
(3) SECTION R-209. ATTACHED GARAGES — The following sentence shall be added: “The garage floor level shall be constructed at least 6” below the living area floor level and shall slope to the garage doors.”
(C) Part III - Construction.
CHAPTER 3 - FOUNDATIONS
(1) FIGURE NO. R-303 MINIMUM FOUNDATION REQUIREMENTS, shall be deleted and replaced with AMENDED FIGURE NO. R-303 as attached to Ordinance No. 6538.
(2) SECTION R-402 - WALL CONSTRUCTION.
(a) R-402.3 - CONSTRUCTION. That reference to 24” stud spacing be changed to 16” stud spacing.
(b) R-402.3(b), (c), (d). That reference to 24” stud spacing be changed to 16” stud spacing.
(c) R-402.4 - INTERIOR PARTITIONS. Delete this section.
(3) SECTION R-603 - CONCRETE FLOORS (ON GROUND). Delete this paragraph starting with the words “Slabs shall be” including the exception at the end of the paragraph and Table R-603.1.
(D) Part V - Plumbing.
Delete the entire Chapters 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25 and replace with the OHIO PLUMBING CODE as regulated by Chapter 4101.2-51 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
(E) Part VI - Electrical.
The entire section shall be deleted and replaced with the following: The 1990 National Electric Code (NFPA 70-90)
(Ord. 6538, passed 10-9-90)