Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) All bids, proposals and applications for City Service Contracts or for Assistance shall contain the following:
(1) The number of persons employed by the applicant for a service contractor or assistance and, if different, the number of persons who will be employed if the applicant obtains the contract;
(2) Whether the employer provides or offers to provide health benefits for its employees and the employer cost or contribution for any health care plan;
(3) A sworn declaration signed by a duly authorized officer of a Covered Employer stating that the applicant will comply with the requirements of this Ordinance or a sworn declaration signed by a duly authorized officer stating that the employer is not required to comply with this Chapter with an explanation of such exemption.
(b) All City Service Contracts and Assistance Agreements subject to this Chapter shall contain the following language:
This agreement is subject to the City of Lakewood Fair Employment Wage Chapter 113 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lakewood and requires, among other things, that unless specific exemptions apply, Covered Employers, as defined, under contracts with the City shall provide payment of a minimum level of compensation to employees. Failure to comply with that Chapter and/or any implementing regulations may result in termination of the contract or debarment from future contracts or financial assistance.
(c) All Assistance Agreements subject to this Chapter shall contain the following language:
In consideration of the financial assistance received, (insert name of Recipient of Assistance) agrees that it will only contract or subcontract with firms or agencies that pay a living wage equal to that required by Chapter 113 of the Lakewood Codified Ordinances for the provision of services related to this project/matter for which (insert name of Recipient of Assistance) has been granted such Assistance. Failure to comply with this provision may result in termination of the Contract or debarment from future contracts or financial assistance.
(d) Maintenance of Payroll Records. Each Covered Employer shall maintain payrolls for all Covered Employees and basic records related thereto and shall preserve them for a period of three (3) years following termination of the Covered Employer’s agreement with the City. The records shall contain the following for each Covered Employee:
(1) His or her name and address, job title and classification;
(2) The number of hours worked each day, gross wages earned, deductions made, and net wages paid;
(3) A record of contributions to health care plans; and
(4) Any such other data the Applicable Department or Lakewood City Council may require.
(e) Access. Upon demand by the Applicable Department, Covered Employers shall provide to such department access to the Payroll Records required to be maintained by this section, and will permit representatives of such department to observe work being performed upon the work site and to interview employees as deemed necessary by the department to monitor compliance or to investigate a charge of noncompliance with the terms of this Chapter.
(f) Notice Requirements. Covered Employers shall be required to provide notice to Covered Employees of their rights arising from this Chapter. The notice will be provided by the FEWB, shall be in both English and Spanish, and must be posted in a conspicuous place frequented by Covered Employees in the Covered Employer’s workplace(s).
(g) Compliance with Federal Labor Laws. Covered Employers must comply with all applicable federal labor laws, including the National Labor Relations Act.
(Ord. 30-03. Passed 7-21-2003.)