No person shall keep or maintain within the limits of the city any cattle, horses, sheep or goats or other such animals not prohibited by this chapter without first obtaining a permit from the City Clerk, Planning and Zoning Administrator, or the Community Service Officer for said animals which permit may be issued and is subject to the following requirements:
   A.   Permit shall require the signature of the owner, of the subject land, requesting the allowance of keeping Livestock, Fowl and Rabbits.
   B.   Permit shall require submittal of a scale able site plan compliant with Kimberly City Code, 6.04.020(C). Site plan, shall depict the fenced containment area, associated structures, structure size and applicable setbacks. City staff will assist the applicant with a site plan. A site inspection shall be completed prior to issuance of the permit.
   C.   Any such animal must be fenced upon the property of the owner or keeper so that the same cannot come within twenty-five feet (25') of any building used for residential purposes by anyone other than the one keeping or maintaining the same, or of any public right of way, public place, church, or school building. Additionally, property where such animals are maintained must contain at least one-half (1/2) acre per animal and ten thousand (10,000) square feet of real property or pastureland devoted exclusively for the use of each cow, horse, sheep, or other such animal not prohibited by this chapter. Properties housing animals prior to the passage of this section in a manner which does not comply with this section shall be given a period of five (5) years to come into compliance with the minimum square footage requirements.
   D.   All locations, pens, corrals or structures used to keep or maintain any of the animals must be kept in a clean or sanitary condition, free from obnoxious odors or substances, and it is unlawful to permit any decaying food, refuse or any other substance or matter to remain therein.
   E.   The applicant for the permit shall pay to the city the sum of five dollars ($5.00) per animal and the permit shall be for a period of one year from February 1 through January 31.
(Ord. 609, 2014; amd. Ord. 666, 2021)