Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. All retail licensees shall maintain a schedule of the prices charged for all drinks of alcoholic liquor to be served and consumed on the licensed premises or in any room or part thereof. Whenever a hotel or multiuse establishment which holds a valid retailer's license operates on its premises more than one establishment at which drinks of alcoholic liquor are sold at retail, the hotel or multiuse establishment shall maintain at each such establishment a separate schedule of the prices charged for such drinks at that establishment.
B. No retail licensee or employee or agent of such licensee shall:
1. Serve two (2) or more drinks of alcoholic liquor at one time to one person for consumption by that one person, except selling or delivering wine by the bottle or carafe;
2. Sell, offer to sell or serve to any person an unlimited number of drinks of alcoholic liquor during any set period of time for a fixed price, except at private functions not open to the general public;
3. Sell, offer to sell or serve any drink of alcoholic liquor to any person on any one date at a reduced price other than that charged other purchasers of drinks on that day where such reduced price is a promotion to encourage consumption of alcoholic liquor, except as authorized in subsection C7 of this section;
4. Increase the volume of alcoholic liquor contained in a drink, or the size of a drink of alcoholic liquor, without increasing proportionately the price regularly charged for the drink on that day;
5. Encourage or permit, on the licensed premises, any game or contest which involves drinking alcoholic liquor or the awarding of drinks of alcoholic liquor as prizes for such game or contest on the licensed premises; or
6. Advertise or promote in any way, whether on or off the licensed premises, any of the practices prohibited under subsections B1 through B5 of this section.
C. Nothing in subsection B of this section shall be construed to prohibit a licensee from:
1. Offering free food or entertainment at any time;
2. Including drinks of alcoholic liquor as part of a meal package;
3. Including drinks of alcoholic liquor as part of a hotel package;
4. Negotiating drinks of alcoholic liquor as part of a contract between a hotel or multiuse establishment and another group for the holding of any function, meeting, convention or trade show;
5. Providing room service to persons renting rooms at a hotel;
6. Selling pitchers (or the equivalent, including, but not limited to, buckets), carafes or bottles of alcoholic liquor which are customarily sold in such manner and delivered to two (2) or more persons at one time; or
7. Increasing prices of drinks of alcoholic liquor in lieu of, in whole or in part, a cover charge to offset the cost of special entertainment not regularly scheduled.
D. A violation of this section shall be grounds for suspension or revocation of the retailer's license as provided by section 3-1-10 of this chapter. (Ord. 89-365, 10-10-1989)