Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. The R-3 Single-Family Residential District is intended to provide a district which will allow residential development in those areas where the development complies with the comprehensive plan and policies.
(B) Permitted uses. Within any R-3 District, no structure or land shall be used except for one or more of the following uses:
(1) Single-family detached dwellings; and
(2) Public parks and playgrounds.
(C) Conditional uses. Within any R-3 Single-Family Use District, no structure or land shall be used for the following uses until a conditional use permit is approved:
(1) Any use as permitted and regulated in § 152.088(C)(2) through (C)(6); and
(2) Two-family dwellings, provided that public sanitary sewer and water service is available and use therefore and provided that the lot has a minimum width of 90 feet and an area of 11,000 square feet.
(D) Permitted accessory uses. Within any R-3 District, the following uses shall be permitted accessory uses: accessory uses as permitted and regulated in § 152.087(D).
(E) Lot area, height, lot widths and yard requirements.
(1) No structure shall exceed two stories or 25 feet whichever is least, in height except as otherwise regulated by this chapter.
(2) A side yard abutting a public right-of-way (street) shall not be less than 15 feet in width. However, a fence is permitted in a side yard which abuts a public right-of-way if the fence is at least seven feet from the public right-of-way, is no more than four feet in height, and is constructed and maintained in a manner so that the fence can be seen through, with little or no loss of visibility (i.e., chain link). The provisions of § 152.036(B) and (C), pertaining to the front yard, remain applicable.
(3) The following minimum requirements shall be observed subject to additional requirements, exceptions and modifications set forth in other sections of this chapter.
Front yard depth
53 feet from centerline of right-of-way
Minimum habitable ground floor area
720 square feet
Minimum lot area
8,250 square feet
Minimum lot width
Rear yard depth
Side yard depth
(Ord. 110, passed 4-23-1991; Ord. 191, passed 7-27-2010)