Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The flood hazard areas of the City of Horseshoe Bend, Idaho subject to periodic inundation that results in:
1. Loss of life and property;
2. Health and safety hazards;
3. Disruption of commerce and governmental services;
4. Extraordinary public expenditures for flood relief and protection; and
5. Impairment of the tax base, all of which adversely affect the public health, safety, and general welfare.
B. These flood losses are caused by structures in flood hazard areas, which are inadequately elevated, flood-proofed, or otherwise unprotected from flood damages, and by the cumulative effect of obstructions in floodplains causing increases in flood heights and velocities.
C. Local government units have the primary responsibility for planning, adopting, and enforcing land use regulations to accomplish proper floodplain management. (Ord. 249, 8-17-2016)