Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A person commits a misdemeanor criminal offense if the person:
(1) Fails to install, repair, or maintain a backflow prevention assembly in compliance with this chapter;
(2) Fails to comply with a repair order issued by the Director;
(3) Owns, operates, or manages a premises from which any backflow enters the public water supply system;
(4) Fails to pay any fees required by this chapter;
(5) Violates any section of this chapter;
(6) Reinstates water service to premises discontinued or disconnected under this chapter, except as permitted by the Director;
(7) Knowingly allows an unregistered tester to perform testing work on an assembly subject to his ownership; or
(8) Tests a backflow prevention assembly without being registered to do so with the Commission and the city.
(B) Any person, firm, or corporation who violates, disobeys, omits, neglects, or refuses to comply with, or who resists the enforcement of any of the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. A first conviction for a violation of § 54.22(A) shall be punishable by a fine in an amount not to exceed $25. Upon a second conviction for such offense, or upon a conviction for any other offense under this chapter, such person, firm, or corporation shall be punished by a fine of not more than $2,000 for each offense. Each day that a violation is permitted to exist shall constitute a separate offense.
(Ord. 2019-22, passed 8-13-19)