Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No statement contained in this article shall be construed as preventing any special agreement or arrangement between the city and any industrial concern whereby an industrial waste of unusual strength or character may be accepted by the city for treatment, subject to the charge herein.
(B) The industrial waste charge shall be calculated with the following formula:
IC - jV + V(A (BOD-200*)) + b(SS-200*)
(1) IC equals industrial charge.
(2) V equals volume discharged in millions of gallons.
(3) j equals basic rate, $100 per million gallons treated.
(4) a equals BOD surcharge factor, $50 per million gallons per milligram per liter, based on the treatment costs attributable to the removal of BOD.
(5) BOD equals five-day concentration at 20°C., BOD of the industrial wastes (mg/l) to be measured of the intervals from composite samples.
(6) b equals SS surcharge factor, $50 per million gallons per milligram per liter, based on the treatment costs attributable to the removal of SS.
(7) SS equals suspended solids of the industrial waste (mg/l) to be measured at intervals from composite samples.
(C) The assumed concentration of BOD and SS in “normal” domestic sewage is 200 mg/l.
(`90 Code, § 18-16) (Ord. 2520, passed - -)