Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The fees for issuance of the above mentioned permits within the city shall be computed in the following manner:
(A) Building permit fees.
(1) The permit costs for all commercial construction, new and remodeled, will be based upon the 1998 UBC Table 1A:
$2,001 to $25,000
$69.25 for the first $2,000 plus $14 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $25,000
$25,001 to $50,000
$391.25 for the first $25,000 plus $10.10 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $50,000
$50,001 to $100,000
$643.75 for the first $50,000 plus $7 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $100,000
$100,001 to $500,000
$993.75 for the first $100,000 plus $5.60 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $500,000
$500,001 to $1,000,000
$3,233.75 for the first $500,000 plus $4.75 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $1,000,000
$1,000,001 and up
$5,608.75 for the first $1,000,000 plus $3.15 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof.
(2) The permit costs for new residential construction will be an $800 flat fee plus $0.10 per square foot. (Example: for a 3,000 sq. ft. house, the fee would be $800 + $300 [3,000 x .10 = $300].)
(3) The permit costs for residential remodeling will be based on $60 times the number of inspections required. (Example: $60 x 5 inspections = $300)
(4) HUD Code manufactured home fees. For the use and occupancy of a HUD Code manufactured home the fee shall be $125. This includes replacing one manufactured home with another.
(5) Swimming pool fees. For construction and installation of in-ground swimming pools, the fee shall be $300. For above-ground pools, the fee shall be $60.
(6) Demolition fee. For the demolition of any building or structures, the fee shall be $60.
(7) Penalties. Where work for which a permit is required by this code is started or proceeded prior to obtaining said permit, the fees herein specified shall be doubled, but the payment of such double fee shall not relieve any persons from fully complying with the requirements of this code in the execution of the work nor from any other penalties prescribed herein.
(8) Reinspection fees. The fee for reinspection may be $60 for each subsequent inspection, per trade.
(9) Irrigation permit fees. The permit fee shall be $60.
(10) Fire inspection permit fees. For any other inspection incidental to fire life safety the permit fee shall be $60.
(11) Electrical service inspection (ESI) fee. For an Electrical Service Inspection (ESI) the fee shall be $25. This fee is for service connection. Service providers engaged in the business of providing electrical service to industrial, commercial or residential customers shall not energize a customer's premise without first having received the electrical inspector's certificate of compliance.
(Ord. 98-023, passed 8-11-98; Am. Ord. 99-013, passed 7-27-99; Am. Ord. O-2009-028, passed 12-8-09; Am. Ord. O-2015-013, passed 11-17-15; Am. Ord. O-2016-034, passed 10-25-16)