Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) For the purposes of this section, the term NUISANCE is defined to mean any condition or use of premises or of building exteriors which is detrimental to the property of others or which causes or tends to cause substantial diminution in the value of other property in the neighborhood in which such premises are located.
(B) This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) Second-hand, used, or discarded furniture, other than furniture designed for outside use and for commercial trade or sale;
(2) Abandoned, discarded or unused objects or equipment such as automobiles and equipment parts, lawnmowers, fixtures, and appliances;
(3) Items of salvage such as scrap metals, rags, papers, bottles, cans and similar items;
(4) Any compost pile which is of such a nature as to spread or harbor disease, emit unpleasant odors or harmful gas, or attract rodents, vermin or other disease-carrying pests, animals or insects; that does not meet the requirements of beneficial re-use and/or recycling of nonhazardous organic wastes as specified by the TNRCC or other state, county or city agencies;
(5) Any deleterious or septic material or liquid upon any premise, unless such material is retained in containers or vessels which deny access to humans, flies, insects, rodents and animals.
(`88 Code, Ch. 7, § 13.01) (Ord. 260, passed 1-10-89; Am. Ord. 379, passed 2-8-94)
City may define and declare nuisance, see Tex. Local Gov’t Code § 217.042