Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The intent of this chapter is to:
(1) Encourage landscape development in publicly and privately developed land use areas, except agricultural zones;
(2) Foster a community-wide reforestation program;
(3) Require the installation and maintenance of landscape planting areas in off-street parking facilities and other vehicular use areas;
(4) Require the installation and maintenance of landscape planting areas in uncomplimentary land uses and zones herein set forth;
(Ord. C6-86. Passed 3-3-86.)
(5) Encourage the planting of the highest quality landscape materials for residential, commercial and industrial properties, public streets, public places and parks, located within the City's corporation limits.
(Ord. C118-88. Passed 12-5-88.)
(6) Require the installation and maintenance of landscape planting areas adjacent to building structures.
(b) All new development, construction or reconstruction shall be in compliance with the provisions of this chapter within one calendar year from the date of completion of construction. Where a development, construction, or reconstruction project involves only a portion of the total property (i.e.: building addition) that portion will be required to comply with the provisions of this chapter. If said development, construction or reconstruction exceeds sixty percent (60%) of the assessed valuation of such structure prior to the project as shown on the most recent tax appraisal of the County Auditor then it shall be required to comply with this chapter for the entire property. Where a building permit has been issued prior to the effective date of this chapter, the provisions of this chapter shall not apply.
(Ord. C6-86. Passed 3-3-86; Ord. C56-97. Passed 11-17-97.)
(c) Where there is a change of use of an existing building with a parking area between the street and building set-back line, the property shall be required to comply with the provisions of this chapter and submit plans for review before the Planning Commission.
(Ord. C56-97. Passed 11-17-97.)