Skip to code content (skip section selection)
An industrial wastewater discharge permit shall include such conditions as are deemed reasonably necessary by the Director of Public Works to prevent pass through or interference, protect the quality of the groundwater receiving the treatment plant's effluent, protect worker health and safety, facilitate sludge management and disposal, and protect against damage to the POTW.
A. Industrial wastewater discharge permits must contain:
1. A statement that indicates industrial wastewater discharge permit duration, which in no event shall exceed five (5) years;
2. A statement that the industrial wastewater discharge permit is nontransferable without prior notification to the City of Gridley in accordance with Section 13.06.240 of this chapter, and provisions for furnishing the new owner or operator with a copy of the existing industrial wastewater discharge permit;
3. Effluent limits based on applicable pretreatment standards;
4. Self monitoring, sampling, reporting, notification, and record-keeping requirements. These requirements shall include an identification of pollutants to be monitored, sampling location, sampling frequency, and sample type based on Federal, State, and local law; and
5. A statement of applicable civil and criminal penalties for violation of pretreatment standards and requirements, and any applicable compliance schedule. Such schedule may not extend the time for compliance beyond that required by applicable Federal, State, or local law.
B. Industrial wastewater discharge permits may contain, but need not be limited to, the following conditions:
1. Limits on the average and/or maximum rate of discharge, time of discharge, and/or requirements for flow regulation and equalization;
2. Requirements for the installation of pretreatment technology, pollution control, or construction of appropriate containment devices, designed to reduce, eliminate, or prevent the introduction of pollutants into the treatment works;
3. Requirements for the development and implementation of spill control plans or other special conditions including management practices necessary to adequately prevent accidental, unanticipated, or nonroutine discharges;
4. Development and implementation of waste minimization plans to reduce the amount of pollutants discharged to the POTW;
5. The unit charge or schedule of user charges and fees for the management of the industrial wastewater discharged to the POTW;
6. Requirements for installation and maintenance of inspection and sampling facilities and equipment;
7. A statement that compliance with the industrial wastewater discharge permit does not relieve the permittee of responsibility for compliance with all applicable Federal and State pretreatment standards, including those which become effective during the term of the industrial wastewater discharge permit; and
8. Other conditions as deemed appropriate by the Director of Public Works to ensure compliance with this chapter, and State and Federal laws, rules, and regulations.