Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No owner of any dwelling, single-family dwelling, two-family dwelling, duplex or suite within a duplex shall rent or lease such building, or any part thereof for residential occupancy, nor shall any person occupy such building unless the owner thereof holds a Rental License issued by the Chief Building Official, or his assistant, which license and occupancy permit has not expired, been revoked or otherwise become null and void.
(b) Application for an occupancy permit required by the provisions of this Chapter shall be made by the owner not less than fifteen (15) days prior to occupancy. Such application shall be made on a form prescribed by the Chief Building Official which shall include the following information:
(1) The street address of the premises or the specific address of the parts or part if the entire structure is not involved.
(2) The name, address and phone number of the owner or agent in charge and where such person may be reached during normal business hours.
(3) An indication as to why the application is being requested, i.e., rental, lease or land contract.
(4) The proposed date of occupancy.
(5) The name, address and telephone number of the prospective or current tenant, his agent or representative. If the prospective tenant is unknown at the time application for occupancy is made, the owner, lessor or agent shall supply such information to the Chief Building Official as soon as it is known, but in any event, before the issuance of an Occupancy Permit pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter.
(Ord. 2016-02-06. Passed 4-6-16.)