Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) There is hereby established a voluntary Water Leak Insurance Program for the benefit of the customers of the Gallipolis City Water Department to be used to pay for the excess amount of fees due to water leakage.
(b) The terms of the voluntary Water Leak Insurance Program are as follows:
(1) Coverage is two dollars ($2.00) per month per customer account.
(2) The leak insurance will cover up to and including seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750.00) per calendar year, per meter, and per customer any amount over the average monthly bill. After this amount is reached, the customer will be responsible for the balance of the bill.
(3) Insurance is valid only if the Gallipolis City Water Department is notified when the leak is identified and again after the leak is repaired.
(4) To figure the amount to be paid if a water leak occurs, the customer’s bill will be averaged for the twelve months preceding. This average will be deducted from the leak amount. The remaining balance of water and sewer will be considered a leak and the leak amount will be paid for through the Water Leak Insurance Program once the repairs are finished and inspected. If the sewer is not used as a result of the water leak, then the sewer bill will not be charged. The amount available for payment each calendar year is seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750.00) per customer account.
(5) The monthly fee of two dollars ($2.00) will be added to each monthly bill if the customer takes the insurance. The insurance will be in effect from January 1st to December 31st. Insurance for new customers, if they decide to participate, will begin when they apply for service. There will be a twenty-day waiting period for the insurance to be in effect.
(c) The Water Leak Insurance Program is for the payment of the water/sewer bill only. The insurance cannot be used to fill swimming pools or any other uses not considered leaks. The Water Leak Insurance Program does not pay for the customer’s repairs.
(Ord. 2011-55. Passed 6-14-11.)