Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The sexton shall have charge and direction of all interments, disinterments or removals of the dead.
(b) No deceased person shall be interred in a City cemetery until the sexton has found that:
(1) A burial permit has been obtained from the public health office as required by law;
(2) The lot in which burial is to be made has been fully paid for;
(3) The person arranging for such burial has the right to the use of such lot;
(4) Such lot is not used beyond its capacity;
(5) Proper record is made of the name and age of the deceased person and of the exact location of the grave.
(1977 Code Sec. 6-4.)