(A)   If the consumer believes his bill to be in error, he shall present his or her claim, in person, at the town Office before the bill becomes delinquent.  If the claim continues to be in dispute, the consumer may request a hearing before the Town Council. The consumer may pay the bill under protest and the payment shall not prejudice his or her claim.
   (B)   The town will make special meter readings at the request of the consumer (for fees of $5 inside and $10 outside town limits) provided, however, that if the special reading disclosed that the meter was overread, no charge will be made.
(Ord. passed 2-2-81; Am. Ord. passed 9-5-95; Am. Ord. passed 11-7-16)  Penalty, see § 10.99