(A)   Property owners desiring service connection made to their premises must file an application with the Clerk’s office on blanks provided for this purpose. The application must be accompanied by a payment for the total cost of the service from the main to the curb stop, the cost to include the cost of a water meter, and the costs to be according to the schedule hereinafter set forth. If it appears to the Superintendent that the application is in due form and that the purpose for which service connection is desired is consistent with a proper use of the water works system, he or she will then cause the connection from main to curb box to be installed by the person or persons duly authorized by the Council to do the work or shall make the connection himself or herself.
   (B)   The application must state the purpose for which the water is to be used, together with the proper description and location of the property and must be signed by the owner or his or her duly authorized agent. The application must state distinctly the point on the property line where the service is to enter the premises. No service shall be installed under concrete walks, steps or other permanent structures, either existing or contemplated, between the property line and the buildings to be supplied. Every person making application as herein provided shall be deemed to have entered into a contract with the city. This section and all amendments thereto shall be considered a part of the contract and every person accepting and receiving water from the city shall be deemed to have expressed his or her consent to be bound thereby. Whenever any of the rules or regulations are violated, the water shall be turned off from the place of the violation, even though 2 or more parties are receiving water through the same pipe and shall not again be turned on except by order of the Superintendent and the payment of costs hereinafter set forth for turning water off and on.
   (C)   Each application shall be accompanied by a fee in an amount established by Council resolution payable to the city, which fee shall not be refundable if the application is denied.
(Prior Code, § 18.02, Subd. 3)