Skip to code content (skip section selection)
AN ORDINANCE TO APPROVE, ADOPT AND ENACT THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF FAIRFIELD, OHIO; TO REPEAL ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT THEREWITH; AND TO PUBLISH THE ENACTMENT OF NEW MATTER.
WHEREAS, the Council of the City of Fairfield, Ohio has had the matter of codification and general revision of the ordinances before it for sometime, and
WHEREAS, it has heretofore entered into a contract with the Walter H. Drane Company to prepare and publish such codification, and
WHEREAS, the codification of ordinances, together with the new matter to be adopted, the matters to be amended, and those to be repealed are before Council,
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED, by the Council of the City of Fairfield, Ohio, that:
Section 1. The ordinances of the City of Fairfield, Ohio, of a general and permanent nature, as revised, codified, rearranged and consolidated into component codes, titles, chapters and sections are hereby approved, adopted and enacted as the Codified Ordinances of Fairfield, Ohio, 1984.
One book-form copy of the Codified Ordinances shall be certified as correct by the Mayor and the Clerk of Council, attached to this Ordinance as a part hereof, and filed with the permanent ordinance records of the City.
Section 2. The provisions of this Ordinance, including all provisions of the Codified Ordinances, shall be in full force and effect from and immediately after passage of this Ordinance and its approval by the Mayor. All ordinances and resolutions or parts thereof enacted prior to November 12, 1984, which are inconsistent with any provision of the Codified Ordinances, are hereby repealed as of the effective date of this Ordinance, except as follows:
(a) The enactment of the Codified Ordinances shall not be construed to affect a right or liability accrued or incurred under any legislative provision prior to the effective date of such enactment, or an action or proceeding for the enforcement of such right or liability. Such enactment shall not be construed to relieve any person from punishment for an act committed in violation of any such legislative provision, nor to affect an indictment or prosecution therefor. For such purposes, any such legislative provision shall continue in full force notwithstanding its repeal for the purpose of revision and modification.
(b) The repeal provided above shall not affect:
(1) The grant or creation of a franchise, license, right, easement or privilege;
(2) The purchase, sale, lease or transfer of property;
(3) The appropriation or expenditure of money or promise or guarantee of payment;
(4) The assumption of any contract or obligation;
(5) The issuance and delivery of any bonds, obligations or other instruments of indebtedness;
(6) The levy or imposition of taxes, assessments or charges;
(7) The establishment, naming, vacating or grade level of any street or public way;
(8) The dedication of property or plat approval;
(9) The annexation or detachment of territory;
(10) Any legislation enacted subsequent to November 12, 1984.
(11) Ordinance Nos. 24-83, 25-83, 26-83, 34-83, 145-83, 103-84, 120-84, 121-84 and 122-84.
Section 3. The Clerk of Council, pursuant to Charter Section 4.12, has caused a notice of proposed action with regard to this codification to be published one time in a newspaper of circulation in the City of Fairfield at least seven days prior to Council's action.
Section 4. This Ordinance shall take effect immediately upon its passage pursuant to Section 4.12 of the Charter of the City of Fairfield.
Robert J. Wolper
First Reading: 11-12-84
Rules Suspended: 12-10-84
Second Reading: 12-10-84
Third Reading: -
Clerk of Council
CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF FAIRFIELD, OHIO