Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Principal Uses. The following wireless telecommunication facilities are permitted as a principal use upon a lot, in any zoning district, subject to the following siting requirements:
(1) A wireless telecommunication facility shall be permitted when physically attached to or contained within the principal structure on the lot.
(2) A wireless telecommunication facility shall be permitted to be located on a preexisting electric, telephone, street light poles or fixtures, provided that said facility meets only criteria (1) and (3) of Section 1127.04(b): Siting Requirements for Principal Uses.
(3) These are permitted provided that they can meet the siting requirements of Section 1127.04(b): Siting Requirements for Principal Uses, without special exceptions or waivers. Any requested exception shall require Planning Board evaluation through the conditional use process.
(4) The following are not considered permitted principal uses.
A. Wireless telecommunication facilities proposed on new antenna support structures or tower shall be considered a conditional use and require an amendment to the preliminary development plan approval.
B. Any new antenna support structure or tower proposed within 500 feet of any 1-675 interchange, or within 200 feet of any interstate, U.S. Route, State Route or Dayton-Yellow Springs Road, measured from the road's right-of-way lines, shall require a conditional use approval.
(b) Accessory Uses. Only personal use antennas are permitted as accessory uses on a lot, provided the antenna shall be attached to the principal structure, with the exception of ground mounted satellite dishes. Additional siting requirements as specified in Chapter 1128: Supplemental and Accessory Regulations, and the maximum height shall not exceed the lesser of the following:
(1) Height of the existing principal structure by 20 feet; or
(2) Maximum height of the zoning district by 20 feet.
(c) Conditional Uses. Wireless telecommunication facilities not permitted as a principal or accessory use, may be permitted as a conditional use upon a lot, subject to the following requirements.
(d) Siting Requirements for Conditional Uses.
(1) The height of such tower shall be subject to approval by the Planning Board and is the minimum height necessary, but shall not exceed 150 feet in height, including antennas.
(2) The minimum setbacks for towers should meet a height distance ratio of 1:1. Under special circumstances, Planning Board may reduce this setback, but it generally should not be less than ½ the height of the tower.
(3) No tower shall be located a distance less than its height from any residential dwelling unit.
(4) The minimum setbacks, screening and fencing standards shall be established by the Planning Board during the conditional use process. The shelter shall either be underground or designed to be complimentary to the property's principal structures. Such shelter shall not be located above ground in any required front or side yard unless the structure is less than three feet above grade and occupying less than 12 square feet.
(5) The Planning Board shall evaluate the visual impact of the tower or antenna support structure and may require techniques to disguise the proposed structure to reduce negative impacts.
(Ord. 34-17. Effective 12-7-17.)