Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Permitted Principal Uses. The following wireless telecommunication facilities are permitted as a principal use upon a lot, in any zoning district, subject to the following siting requirements:
(1) A wireless telecommunication facility shall be permitted when physically attached to or contained within the principal structure on the lot.
(2) A wireless telecommunication facility shall be permitted to be located on a pre-existing electric, telephone, street light poles, or fixtures, provided that said facility meets only criteria (1) and (3) of Section 1127.04(b): Siting Requirements for Principal Uses.
(b) Siting Requirements for Principal Uses.
(1) The maximum height of an antenna shall not exceed the lesser of the following:
A. Height of the existing principal structure by 20 feet;
B. Maximum height of the zoning district by 20 feet; or
C. Antenna greater in height shall require approval as a conditional use under the guidelines of the appropriate zoning district.
(2) Antenna support structures shall meet the setback requirements of principal uses of the zoning district.
(3) The minimum setbacks and yard requirements for principal structures shall apply and such shelter shall not be located above ground in any required front or side yards unless the structure is less than 3 feet above grade and occupying less than 12 square feet.
(c) Accessory Uses. Only personal use antennas are permitted as accessory uses on a lot, provided the antenna shall be attached to the principal structure, with the exception of ground mounted satellite dishes. Additional siting requirements as specified in Chapter 1128: Supplemental and Accessory Regulations, and the maximum height shall not exceed the lesser of the following:
(1) Height of the existing principal structure by 20 feet; or
(2) Maximum height of the zoning district by 20 feet.
(Ord. 34-17. Effective 12-7-17.)