Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. All construction of any new structure, or the modification of any existing structure within the City, requiring an expenditure of more than five hundred dollars ($500.00), other than cosmetic modifications not involving any change in electrical, water, gas, or sanitary sewer, shall require a building permit from the City. (Ord. 80-10-1, 10-6-1980)
B. The fees for such permit shall be as follows:
1. Building permit (this permit shall be required for remodeling or all new construction, and shall include all other permits)
2. New construction
0.08 per square foot
3. Any remodeling exceeding one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00), a City permit must be obtained from the City of Eufaula and proof of liability insurance, by the contractor, must be submitted at that time (Ord. 80-10-1, 10-6-1980; amd. Ord. 99-2-1, 2-1-1999)
C. No new construction shall be permitted within the City without the owner or contractor having first obtained a permit for the purposes above set forth.
D. The building inspector may require every applicant for a building permit to furnish the following information:
1. A plot plan, drawn to scale, showing the exact size, shape, and dimensions of the lot to be built upon, the exact size and location on the lot of all existing buildings and structures, and the exact size and location on the lot of the structure or building proposed to be repaired, altered, erected, or moved, and the size, arrangement, number of parking stalls, movement of vehicles and ingress and egress drives for all off street parking and loading facilities;
2. A declaration of the existing and intended use of each existing and proposed building or structure on the lot and the number of families and housekeeping units which each existing building accommodates and which each existing and proposed building is designed to accommodate;
3. Additional information relating to the proposed improvement needed to determine compliance with these regulations; and
4. A survey prepared by an engineer registered in the State of the boundaries of the lot on which the improvement is proposed to be located.
E. It is an offense for any property owner or contractor to initiate any construction within the City limits without first having obtained a permit as above set forth and to have same posted on the premises prior to starting construction. Failure to have the permit and to have same properly posted each day shall constitute a separate offense. (Ord. 80-10-1, 10-6-1980)