Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Safety-Service Director or his or her designated representative shall issue a sanitary sewer connection permit for all locations connected to or to be connected to the public sanitary sewer maintained by the City for new buildings and additions to existing buildings, for which the occupancy permit is issued on or after November 10, 1992, upon payment of a capital fee based upon the following schedule:
A. Single-family house
B. One-bedroom or studio-type apartment
per dwelling unit
C. Two-bedroom apartment
per dwelling unit
D. Three-bedroom or larger apartment
per dwelling unit
E. Mobile home parks
(2) Commercial, industrial or institutional. New buildings to be used for commercial, industrial, institutional or any other nonresidential purpose shall pay a fee which is the greater of the fee based on the water meter size of the building or the fee based on the square footage of the building, which fee shall be computed as hereinafter provided:
A. New water meter size fee.
New Water Meter Size (in.)
B. Square footage fee.
1. For commercial, industrial, institutional or any other nonresidential use, except for restaurants, food preparation or processing, the fee shall be one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125.00), plus ten cents ($0.10) for each square foot in excess of 1,250 square feet of new floor area.
2. For restaurants and buildings used for food preparation or processing, the fee shall be one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125.00), plus twenty cents ($0.20) for each square foot in excess of 625 square feet of new floor area.
3. For new commercial or industrial buildings with a restaurant area, to be used by the public, located within the building, the fee shall be one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125.00), plus ten cents ($0.10) for each square foot in excess of 1,250 square feet of new floor area, plus an additional ten cents ($0.10) per square foot of the restaurant area.
C. Floor space. All references to floor area as provided herein shall include basement, mezzanine or balcony floor space areas in addition to the first floor, second floor and any floors above those levels, but shall not include attic floor space area. Gross floor space shall be computed from the outside dimensions of the buildings with no deductions for wall thickness.
D. Stairway and elevator shafts. For buildings with more than one story, the area of any stairway shaft or elevator shaft shall be included only once.
(3) Remodeling or additions to any type of structure. Remodeling work or additions to existing structures shall also be subject to a capital fee if the fee, based on either paragraph (a)(1) or (a)(2) hereof, is larger for the building after any remodeling or addition is done than the fee would have been for the building before any remodeling or addition is done. The fee to be paid shall be the difference in the fee determined before and after the remodeling or addition is completed.
(b) At locations in the City where a new structure will be served by an on-site approved waste treatment method, a sanitary sewer connection permit is not required until such time as a connection is made to the sanitary sewerage system.
(c) The Director or his or her designated representative shall keep a list of permits issued in numerical order showing the applicant’s name and street address, the location of the connection and the fee collected.
(Ord. 92-229. Passed 11-16-92; Ord. 2014-51. Passed 5-5-14.)