Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Pursuant to Ohio R.C. 126.31 and 733.79, the following shall be the rules, regulations, rates and amounts of reimbursement to Municipal officers and employees for attendance at conventions and conferences on Municipal business:
(1) Prior to attending a meeting, conference or convention, individuals shall present a request form for attending the same. An estimate of expenses and the account to which they are to be charged shall first be approved by the Mayor and presented to the Finance Director for certification that such funds are appropriated and available.
(2) Original receipts covering expenses shall be obtained in all instances whenever possible. These receipts shall be presented to the Finance Director when requesting payment of expenses.
(3) Registration fees in connection with attending a meeting, conference or convention shall be considered as part of the attendance expense and shall be paid upon presentation of a receipt.
(4) Prior to attending any official trip on Municipal business in excess of 500 miles one way, an individual shall obtain the special approval of Council; otherwise such individual will not be entitled to reimbursement of expenses by the City. Special permission is not necessary from City Council if the travel involves an active criminal investigation.
(5) The Finance Director may adopt procedures pertaining to the payment of and reimbursement for expenses incurred by employees in conformance with subsection (b) below.
(b) All reimbursements shall be in compliance with Ohio R.C. 126.31, the Ohio Office of Budget Management and Management Travel Rules, and in conformance with the United States General Services Administration guideline and per diem rates.
(Ord. 2016-94. Passed 8-1-16; Ord. 2017-123. Passed 9-5-17.)