Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) As used in this section:
(1) "Water works expenses" includes all actual expenses of the Bureaus of Water Pumping and Water Distribution for the preceding year.
(2) "Sanitation expenses" includes the total expenses of the Bureau of Sanitation of the City for the preceding year.
(3) "Sewage treatment expenses" includes the total expenses of the Bureau of Sewage Treatment of the City for the preceding year.
(4) "City expenses" includes the total expenses of the previous year of the General Fund, Water Works Funds, Auto Tax Fund, Gas Tax Fund, Off-Street Parking Fund, Sanitation Fund, Sewer Rental Fund, Fire and Police Equipment and Replacement Funds and the Special Recreation Fund.
(5) "Administrative expenses" includes the expenses of the previous year of the following accounts: Council, Clerk of Council, Mayor's Office, Auditor's Office, Law Director's Office, Legal Advertising, Civil Service Commission, Safety-Service Director's Office, Engineer's Office, and Public Buildings and Lands.
(b) The Finance Director is hereby authorized and directed to determine what percentage of the water works expenses, Sanitation Bureau expenses and sewage treatment expenses bear to the City expenses and apply such percentages to the administrative expenses of the City to determine the prorate share of such departments of the administrative expenses. Upon determining such amount the Finance Director is hereby authorized and directed to transfer to the General Fund from the funds of the water works, the funds of the Sanitation Bureau, and the funds of the Bureau of Sewage Treatment on a quarterly basis on March 15, June 15, September 15 and December 15, the amount so determined.
(c) The Finance Director is further authorized and directed to credit to the Bureaus of Water Pumping and Water Distribution any sum paid by them to apply on the salary of the Director of Safety-Service or the salary of an Assistant Engineer assigned to water works projects, and he is further authorized to credit to the Sewage Treatment Bureau any sum paid by it to apply on the salary of an Assistant Engineer assigned to sewage treatment projects.
(d) The Finance Director is hereby authorized and directed to reimburse the General Fund from the City Water Fund an amount to be determined annually by City Council for the cost of the annual testing of the City's water line and fire hydrants.
(Ord. 4805. Passed 12-28-56; Ord. 2009-83. Passed 3-16-09.)