Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Permission Required; Payment Of Deposits And Charges:
1. It shall be unlawful for any person to turn the utility on to any premises from any municipal utility system without written permission of the city clerk-treasurer.
2. Utilities shall not be turned on until any and all deposits and charges have been paid.
3. The city clerk-treasurer shall see that the utility is turned on when all requirements for service have been complied with. (1991 Code § 16-130)
B. Turning Back On, Permission From City Clerk-Treasurer: When a utility has been turned off by PWA personnel, it shall not be turned on again without written permission of the city clerk-treasurer.
C. Turn Off Due To Delinquency Or Acts Of Customer:
1. When a customer's utility service has been cut off because of delinquency or act of omission of the customer, it may be turned on again only when all charges have been paid or other change in conditions justify it.
2. A charge of twenty five dollars ($25.00) shall be made for turning a utility on again between the hours of eight o'clock (8:00) A.M. and four o'clock (4:00) P.M. on Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. A charge of fifty dollars ($50.00) shall be made for turning a utility on again on Saturday, Sunday, federal holidays, and on Monday through Friday before eight o'clock (8:00) A.M. and after four o'clock (4:00) P.M. (1991 Code § 16-130; amd. 2013 Code)