Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The following minimum dimensions for lot area and width, front, side and rear yards, and maximum dimensions for lot coverage and building heights, shall be required for every structure and land use in the R-1A One-Family Rural Residential District, except as noted.
(1) Minimum lot area shall be 40,000 square feet. There shall not be more than one dwelling upon each lot. Refer to Section 1294.12 for permitted exceptions to lot area.
(2) Minimum lot width shall be 150 feet along the street upon which the lot principally fronts. Lots located on irregular or curving streets shall have their width measured at the building line. Refer to Section 1294.12 for permitted exceptions to lot widths.
(3) Maximum lot coverage for all buildings, including accessory buildings, shall not cover more than 20% of the lot area.
(4) Minimum yard dimensions shall be as follows:
A. Front yards, 50 feet;
B. Side yards, 25 feet each side; and
C. Rear yards, 50 feet.
(5) Maximum building heights for residential structures shall be two and one- half stories, but shall not exceed 35 feet. Accessory buildings shall not exceed a height of fifteen feet. For permitted exceptions to residential building heights, refer to Section 1294.18. For building height limitations for nonresidential structures in residential districts, refer to Section 1268.04.
(6) Minimum dwelling floor areas shall be 850 square feet for single story dwellings and 750 square feet at the first or main floor level for all dwellings above one story, exclusive of any attached garage, porch or breezeway.
(Ord. 89. Passed 4-10-72; Ord. 2015-1. Passed 4-13-15.)